Tips and tricks for door replacement
Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the aesthetic that guests have when entering your Bloomington, IN home. When you choose that it’s time to replace your doors, it generally means you are prepared to improve your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home ambiance. Either way, replacement doors are a big change and call for a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the experts at McComb Window & Door have a few things to take into account before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with decorative hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accent your door with a pop of color? Colors that complement your current paint scheme are great and uniform, but colors that provide conflict to your scheme can make your home look inimitable!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re highlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, good lighting can bring a complete look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery near a doorway can also make a wonderful first impression. Plants can pull attention to particular door details and distract attention away from other unfriendly parts of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many additional features that can enhance a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can receive a major facelift.
Greet guests into your home with an inviting doorway and make a wonderful first impression. Stop by the McComb Window & Door showroom in Bloomington, IN, give them a call at 812-333-6371 or arrange an appointment online to consider all the selections for getting replacement doors to improve the look of your home.