Spring Cleaning: Prepping your Bloomington, IN, IN Wood Windows for the Best View
The flowers, the warmth – not many things are better than looking out your wood windows on a sunny, warm day in Bloomington, IN. And with a small amount of spring-cleaning, those windows will sparkle, giving you great views and the great feeling of a clean home.
Whether they are wood windows or another material, no one enjoys streaky windows or dust bunnies around their windowsills. Keep in mind these few cleaning tips when you begin your spring-cleaning:
- While it’s nicer to clean with the sun out, the sun may actually dry the cleaning solution before the glass is correctly cleaned, so take advantage of the cloudy day to get your cleaning completed.
- Having the best results means cleaning both the inside and outside of your wood windows. It’s well worth the time when you see how good it will look.
- Always begin at the top when washing your windows. Doing so keeps your drips heading to your wood windows that hasn’t been cleaned yet.
- Take an old towel or paper towel and lay it at the bottom of the window to gather any drips to keep them from settling on the frames.
- Once you have cleaned your windows, ensure you dry the windowsills with a cloth. If any drips made their way through, it will help guard the frame and finish of your wood windows.
No matter if they are replacement windows or windows original to your home, windows need some TLC. Whether it’s a simple damp cloth or touching up scratches, the pros at McComb Window & Door can help show proper care techniques for whatever line of Pella® windows you may have. Drop in to the showroom in Bloomington, IN today and check out which products are best for your windows. And who knows, you may learn a new cleaning method while you’re at it.