Prepare Your Entryway for the Winter Weather
Winter weather is just around the corner in Bloomington, IN and when the temperature lowers, the energy bills can often surge. There are many things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort during the cold months, and McComb Window & Door is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
So, what’s so important about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial all year long, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors provide during Bloomington, IN winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors provide an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money in your home as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can find its way in and impact your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella Windows & Doors of Indianapolis professionals a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to produce a tighter seal and enhance your window and door performance.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to sneak into your home. Consult with a professional to solve these issues before the winter hits Bloomington, IN.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at McComb Window & Door in Bloomington, IN a call at 812-333-6371 or visit our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.