Looking for New Windows in Your Bloomington, IN, IN Home? Pella has Tips to Help Make the Right Choice
When buying windows for your home improvement or new construction project, you obviously want to choose the best windows for your project and budget. As you evaluate your options, ponder these facts:
- Windows can impact the interior and exterior appearance of your Bloomington, IN area home.
- Your window choice can make a drastic difference in your home’s energy bills.
- The quality of your windows can have a significant impact on the resale value of your Bloomington, IN area house if or when you decide to sell.
If you take the time to research the style and function options available, you will be happy with your purchase and appreciate the pleasure of looking through your new windows for years to come.
What factors should you think about when purchasing replacement windows for your Bloomington, IN home?
- Will my new windows look good on my house? Consider the fact that your family and guests are going to see your replacement windows most often from the interior of your house, not standing outside of it. Picture things in your mind from inside and study the view carefully; is the color, style and type of window suitable with your home’s interior? Will you be able to easily open the window for cleaning? Will I need to control the amount of sunlight shining in through the window? And don’t forget to stand outside from multiple viewing positions to evaluate if the style of replacement window you are considering fits with the look of your Bloomington, IN home.
- What is the energy efficiency rating of the windows I am considering? Get the facts relating to your windows that influence their energy efficiency. Among the issues to consider are U-values and Low-E insulating glass with argon windows, and weatherstripping. For instance, U-values measure the insulating value of windows. The best windows have low U-values to help keep out extreme temperatures. Compare ratings of efficiency as you conduct your research to help bring down heating and cooling costs and make the most of your investment.
- How will my new windows function? Just like purchasing a car, it is important to test operating a window before you settle on one. Does the window open and close smoothly? Will the window be easy to clean? Can the window hardware (or the crank handle) fold away in order to leave window coverings undisturbed? If the window will be an emergency exit in case of fire, confirm that it opens easily and supplies an adequately-sized opening.
- What is the installation process? The installation of your windows is either added into the overall purchase price or involves an independent contractor. If you are using the services of contractor, it may be smart to inquire about installation price and included services prior to ordering your windows.
- How easy is it to clean your new windows? The weather in the Bloomington, IN area varies often. The appearance of your windows can be impacted negatively by wind, sun, rain and snow. Consider low-maintenance options like aluminum cladding or in-between-the-glass grilles in order for you to easily clean your windows and allow them to look great for many years to come.
- What choices do you have for color or hardware? The color you select can reflect your style and enhances the overall appeal of your Bloomington, IN home. Some window companies offer limited exterior color choices. Figure out what color schemes are in place for the windows you are considering. In addition, there are many window hardware options that should match with other hardware options in your home, such as cabinetry hardware, faucets and other fixtures.
- What is the price? Quality windows come at a price. The least expensive windows may not be your best buy. A quality window will be energy efficient and offer years of beauty and performance.
We urge you to visit Pella at the Bloomington, IN area Showroom to learn more about your choices, or give us a call at 812-333-6371.