Kitchen Remodeling Dos and Donts
Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a good way to add value to your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before demolishing your existing kitchen cabinets and floors. Consider these do’s and don’ts to achieve the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the smart way:
- Do some research to make sure you are hiring a qualified contractor. Browse reviews online, ask your friends and peers for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor has the lowest bid.
- Identify your kitchen must-haves—do you want your kitchen to be energy efficient? Have a specific finish or countertop material? Do you want to have appliances with the latest technology?
- Evaluate what an ideal floor plan for your kitchen would look like. Keep it functional and efficient with sufficient storage and countertop space that fits your needs and the needs of your home. What do you want to get out of the space? How do you spend most of your time in the kitchen? Cooking? Entertaining? Gathering with your family?
- Store all your receipts. Save the receipts in a safe place to pull out when filing your taxes or to use if you plan to sell your home in the future.
- Focus solely on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most vital things about your new kitchen. Ensure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen working efficiently for a long time.
- Forget stick with the budget! Remain on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are most important to you. We recommend budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you believe you’ll need so you can cover unpredictable costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget about windows! McComb Window & Door has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can tie in an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important aspects of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they let light into your space, set the tone for the room and give you a gateway to the outdoors, which can be beneficial when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are interested in replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our professionals at McComb Window & Door a call at 812-333-6371, visit our Bloomington, IN showroom or arrange an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you choose the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.