How to Decorate Your Doors for Fall in Bloomington, IN
Fall is just around the corner in Bloomington, IN, and as the season begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our homes. Now is the best time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the feel of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a big impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to ponder when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is your friend when it comes to drawing eyes to your doorway. There are several ways to make levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to place pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are typically staple fall decorations that are used annually, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the popular door hangers this year include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to give an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string some together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and hang it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they come at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating may include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at McComb Window & Door in Bloomington, IN a call at 812-333-6371 or arrange an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a great time for a new front door and a new look!