Getting the Most Bang for your Buck with your Replacement Windows
Investing in your own space is important, and when it comes time to replace windows, any homeowner will want to be sure they are getting what they paid for. It’s important to evaluate the style, material and design of a window, but to recognize your return on investment for your window purchase, it’s important to look at the long-term benefits you’ll experience through the years. Here are some of them:
- Your energy bills are reduced overtime. After replacement window installment, you may see your heating and cooling costs drop. According to the ENERGY STAR®-website, ENERGY STAR certified windows have been shown to save homeowners an average of $101–$583 annually when replacing single-pane windows.
- New windows are great for real estate. According to the National Association of Realtors 2017 Cost vs. Value Report, new wood or vinyl windows could return 73 percent of the project cost when you sell your house. If you are looking to sell your home in the next several years, your first action item might be to replace your windows.
- You could earn rebate rewards. There are easy-to-use rebate offers and a special offer finder online for many ENERGY STAR window purchases. The online finder allows homeowners to look through available rebates through a ZIP code entry and find the best deals in Bloomington, IN.
- New window glass can help protect your furniture. As technology has improved, new glass panes can now help lower fading of your furniture and fabrics from harmful sunlight.
- You could earn green-energy tax credits.* Newly installed energy efficient windows that meet ENERGY STAR requirements can be eligible for a thirty-percent of costs tax credit with no upper limit in 2017. To find additional information about the details of green-energy tax credits for the Bloomington, IN area, visit energystar.gov.
Sometimes it pays to be energy efficient, even though the initial costs can be overwhelming. Replacement windows are a good way to spruce up your home before the fall hits, while also keeping some extra cash in your pocket for the future. Hear more about replacing new windows with McComb Window & Door by giving our team a call at 812-333-6371 or arranging an appointment with us online.