10 Tips for a Safe, Comfortable, Organized Holiday Season
When it’s your year to host the family for the holidays in Bloomington, IN, don’t stress about it. Before you start to panic about how you’ll get everything done, we are here to tell you that it can be a simple and organized season.
Regardless of whether you are having five or 50 guests over for the holidays, these tips will help ensure your celebrations are safe and enjoyable for all—even you, the host!
- A storage-packed island will provide maximum space in the most important room during the holidays—the kitchen. You’ll have plenty of room for lots of kitchen helpers and good conversations. After a full day of cooking, a kitchen island with hidden nooks and crannies allows you to simply put all of the dishes away and say goodbye to your one-and-done pans.
- The holidays are a great time for you to dress up your fireplace with up-to-date design trends. It’s common for families to gather around the fireplace, and having yours well decorated will make for a festive and inviting space. Whether you want a television or various decorations hung above the mantel, the possibilities to add a personal touch abound.
- As if winter months aren’t a good enough reason, use the holidays as motivation to call in the professionals at McComb Window & Door in Bloomington, IN to insulate and seal your windows. Keep your guests warm in those rooms you rarely use. Reduce the chilly drafts by adding insulation, or even replacement windows, to make sure everyone has a warm and cozy holiday.
- The winter months can sometimes get to be a little dreary. Through such a cold season in Bloomington, IN, it is hard to find bright colors other than your friend’s ugly Christmas sweater or Grandma’s cookie frosting. Get creative with indoor plants and flowers —this will add some life and is a great outlet for a craft day.
- Whether you need a kids’ table or just need extra chairs, make sure to provide enough easy seating and places to dine for your guests. Don’t forget about comfy places to settle after a big Thanksgiving dinner, either.
- Everyone knows holiday food is the best. Touch up on your home, but also fine-tune your favorite recipes. When your food completes the beauty of your kitchen, your guests will want to come back to the best kitchen in Bloomington, IN every year. If you don’t like cooking, have a little fun looking for festive plates to put tasty treats on.
- Now is the perfect time to check or install your smoke alarms. Fires are common during the holiday season. No matter how great of a cook you are, sometimes things go wrong in the kitchen—it is better to be prepared and keep your guests safe.
- While they may collect dust during the rest of the year, dining rooms finally get the action they deserve around the holidays. Whether you want a festive look or an elegant feel, there are infinite up-to-date design options you can take advantage of. Add anything from a grouping of candles to a bowl of pinecones to bring attention to the center of the table as a wintry statement piece.
- With bay windows there are endless possibilities to expand your space and utilize a nook. Get creative and add tables, chairs or even a bench with extra storage. Make a perfect spot to reflect on your holidays and enjoy a cup of hot chocolate after a successful celebration.
- Last, no matter how many projects you can fit in before the holidays, give yourself time with your loved ones. Any projects you complete will make your house more inviting. There isn’t a better time to feel at home in Bloomington, IN than the holidays. Toss in some comfy throw pillows and enjoy.